Department of Spanish and Portuguese, UCLA.
- Teaching Assistant Coordinator (TAC) for all Spanish and Portuguese Lower Division language classes. 2004-2005.
As TAC, I was responsible for coordinating and overseeing various aspects of the first and second year language program. My responsibilities included observation and evaluation of new TAs and advising for new and current TAs. I also worked closely with the department's Lower Division Coordinator, helping to revise and improve course syllabi and exams for Spanish 1-6 and acting as TA for Spanish 495, the department's course on teaching methodology. As a project of long-term imporvement for the language program. I revised and improved the online activities for all Spanish levels and created online resources for TAs.
- Instructor for Spanish 490, Technology in the Foreign Language Classroom, Spring 2003
- Teaching Assistant for Spanish/Portuguese M35, Introduction to the Nature of Language, Fall 2000
Instituto Franklin de Idiomas, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Spanish language Instructor. 1999-2004. Courses taught:
- Spanish 1: Summer 2001, Fall 2003. Text used: Claro que sí
- Spanish 2: Fall 1999, Winter 2000. Text used: Claro que sí
- Spanish 3: Spring 2000, Winter 2001. Text used: Claro que sí
- Spanish 4: Spring 2001, Fall 2002. Text used: Pasajes.
- Spanish 5: Winter 2003. Text used: Pasajes.
- Spanish 6: Winter 2004, Spring 2004. Text used: Pasajes.
- Intensive Spanish, Summer 2004. Text used: Claro que sí
- Other Administrative Responsibilities:
- Level Coordinator, Spanish 6, Winter 2004
- Level Coordinator, Spanish 1, Fall 2003
- Model TA, Spanish 1, Fall 2003
- Level Coordinator, Spanish 4, Fall 2002
- Level Coordinator, Spanish 2, Winter 2000
Telemon Corporation, Raleigh, N.C.
- Taught EFL in both classroom and coroporate settings; taught Spanish to Chinese immigrants. 1997-1998.
- Taught ESL to Spanish-speaking migrant workers. Summer 1996.